For Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
Windows' facility for supporting TrueType fonts isn't really matched by its facilities for managing them. While few Windows users will have trouble keeping track of the few dozen typefaces that come with Windows, there are innumerable sources of much more interesting fonts.
If you install several hundred fonts in Windows, you'll probably find that keeping track of them using nothing more than the font management tools in the Windows control panel will become taxing at best. Simply installing new fonts is analogous to juggling live polecats in a dark room after midnight. Remembering what all your installed fonts look like is still more adventurous.
Font Wrangler is the font manager that should have come with Windows. It will allow you to install and remove TrueType fonts in batches; preview fonts before you install them; browse downloaded font files; view font copyright information; change the names of fonts to resolve naming conflicts and print font "contact sheets." Its intuitive user interface can be mastered by most potted plants and some elected officials.
This software is available for electronic delivery and on CD-ROM.
- Install and remove TrueType fonts with a visual, intuitive user interface.
- Browse downloaded fonts so you can decide which ones you'd like to keep.
- Weed your downloaded font collection to rename or delete selected files.
- Print a "contact sheet" of fonts so you'll have a paper reference of your downloaded and installed fonts.
- Change the font names of TrueType fonts to make them more easily remembered and to resolve typeface name conflicts.
Should you wish to contact us about this application, please send us some e-mail.
This application can be registered as shareware or bookware. See the
fine print section, below, for details of these registration options.