Alchemy Mindworks does not charge our users for access to minor updates.
Having said this, the new features that appear in our downloadable upgrades require time and resources to create.
- If you encounter new features or enhancements in the upgrades that you find useful, we'd like to ask that you upgrade your registration. Upgrades typically cost half the price of a new registration.
- If you're moving Alchemy Mindworks software you've had for several years to a newer version of Windows and you'll be downloading the latest release to address Windows' questionable inter-version stability, it's arguably time to upgrade your registration.
- If you've used our prompt, knowledgeable and free support services to address a question pertaining to your Alchemy Mindworks software, upgrading your registration might be in order. A registration upgrade will typically cost you less than a single call for fee-based support provided by other developers.
- Finally, if you've received a replacement registration code for software you registered some time ago — a service we provide at no cost, but which most software developers will want you to beat up your plastic for — please consider upgrading.
Registration upgrades for the current major version of our applications are voluntary — if you choose not to upgrade, a leather-winged demon of the night will not visit your house and carry off your still-beating heart on an especially large cracker.
If you do choose to upgrade your registration, you will:
- Enjoy the sleep of the just, knowing that you've done something noble and lofty.
- Support the further development of the software you've registered, so there'll be still more new features and enhancements available to download in the future.
- Help keep software prices reasonable.
- Protect your still-beating heart, in the event that our leather-winged demon of the night didn't get the memo about the whole upgrade thing.
You can upgrade your software on line at our secure server e-commerce page or by calling our toll-free order desk at 1-800-263-1138. Note that the e-commerce link points to our standard order ordering page with an additional section, Software Upgrades, included.
Downloads: If you have lost your current-version Alchemy Mindworks software due to a hard drive crash, virus infestation or some sort of disagreement with an ill-tempered house pet, you can download a replacement copy from our web page. While there is no charge per se for doing so, we ask that you consider upgrading your registration. All our current applications are listed in the software tab of our web page.
Registration Keys: If you have lost your registration keys, you can recover them through our lost registration key finder.
Plugins: We don't ask users of the plugins for Alchemy Mindworks software to upgrade the registrations for their plugins, as improvements to the plugins are typically limited to bug fixes, rather than genuine new functionality. We hope you'll consider upgrading the registrations of whatever your plugins are plugged into.
Software upgrade message: If you install an update for a registered Alchemy Mindworks application, your software may display an upgrade reminder like the one shown here when you exit the software for the first time after upgrading. This message requests that you upgrade your registration if you havenít done so recently. We hasten to note that itís a request in the literal rather than politically-correct euphemistic sense of the word. If you choose not to heed this request, the software will not cease to function; small-minded men with bad photo-ID will not storm your dwelling at two in the morning and confiscate your socks; the hitherto referenced leather-winged demon of the night will not tear itself, shrieking blood and fury, from the endless caverns of the nether world, hurl itself into the darkness with a thirst for blood on its slavering fangs and search the very threads of time for the throbbing of your heartbeat, ultimately ripping said organ from your chest and devoiring it while you draw your final breath in unspeakable terror. At least, itís reasonably unlikely.
Should you have registered or last upgraded your registration some time ago, and if youíve found the new functionality and performance improvements in the periodic no-cost downloadable updates useful, we hope youíll consider upgrading your registration.
(1) Upgrade Period: Registered users of any current-version Alchemy Mindworks software are welcome to no-cost downloadable updates for the current major version of that product for a minimum of 90 days after registering or upgrading a registration, or for the remaining life of the current major version, whichever turns out to be longer. (In the event that we release a new major version within 90 days of your registration or upgrade, we'll provide you with a no-cost upgrade to the new software.)